Saturday 2 November 2013

Gok Wan for Simply Be: Blogger's Goktails

My last week in London before I venture back north to Newcastle has been pretty amazing & this is one of the reasons why...I was invited to the Gok Wan Shapewear for Simply Be Blogger's event and yes I got to meet the man in question (I have a picture to prove it and everything). It was held at the super swanky Covent Garden Hotel & we were served cocktails & canapés while we had a look at the new collection...

Left: The lovely new range
Top Right: Me & Gok
Bottom Right: The contents of my super cute goodie bag

Shapewear can be quite a touchy subject for a lot of people I know, you immediately think of the rather offensive flesh coloured pants & having a 'Bridget Jones moment'. After this event I can honestly say there is no need to ever return to such monstrosities! Shapewear can be pretty & make you feel sexy (ask Gok, he knows exactly what he's talking about). 

Starting at size 12 his new range is colourful & easy on the eye. Shapewear is always something worth investing in, cheap pieces will just push the lumps & bumps somewhere else which is defeating the object ever so slightly & not to mention extremely uncomfortable. The most important thing for me when wearing anything like this is the comfort factor & feeling like myself. I don't like the idea of Granny pants, I'm only twenty after all, but this is something Gok has most definitely avoided in this new range & understands about women. As well as Gok's new range which is lovely & lady like I'm also a fan of Next shapewear as they keep things looking sexy & classy but produce the streamline figure we all wish we had!

Apart from getting to see the gorgeous new range (my favourite bits were undoubtedly the coral selection) I got to meet loads of other lovely bloggers which was fantastic - it's not something you get to do a lot in blogging as it's quite an independent thing. It's a bit bizarre as you're used to reading their blogs then meeting them in real life is rather surreal (in a good way obviously!). 

Top: AnneGemma & Hollie
Bottom: Me (after a couple of glasses of wine, Gemma & Hollie

I can also confirm to you all that Gok is exactly the same in real life as on screen; bubbly, friendly & fantastic at dressing women. Make sure you check out his new range & his new Chinese cookery book Gok's Wok which is out now.

Kathy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig