Sunday 15 December 2013

December Beauty Essentials

With the party season in full swing I've invested in a few key pieces to keep myself look flawless (or as flawless as possible after a few glasses of fizz). Having tried and tested these products over the past few weeks it's safe to say I've found a few new beauty bag staples. 


1. Nip + Fab 'Sheer Make-up Fix', £15.99 ~ link
I usually use the beauty bloggers favourite Benefit Porefection but fancied a change (and to save some cash). To my pleasant surprise I actually prefer this primer to the slightly more expensive Benefit one; it comes out in a clear type cream, smells fresh and sinks into my skin quickly. I've also noticed it keeps my make up in place for much longer than the Benefit primer and I never get that awkward foundation shine - perfect for all those Christmas parties.

2. Topshop 'Glow' Highlighter in Polish, £9 ~ link
I love a good shimmer on a night out - it's uber flattering on pictures when you're slightly worse for wear. I've actually started using this highlighter during the day as well which I never used to. A light sweeping across the cheek bones and just under your eyebrows is all you need though; less is definitely more with this product. If you're into contouring this product will be perfect for you.

3. Kiko Cosmetics Foundation Brush, £14.90 ~ link
We've raved about Kiko Cosmetics on here before and when I saw this foundation brush for a purse pleasing £14.90 I couldn't resist. I've wanted to try this type of round brush for ages after they'd used it on me in MAC but couldn't bring myself to spend too much on one single brush. This brush has completely changed the look of my make up, I now need less foundation (saving me a bit of money in the long run) and have a much more even, flawless and long lasting base. If you don't have one of these already I seriously recommend you go invest…now!

Alice & Grace xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig