Wednesday 18 June 2014

The City Break Essentials: New York

Packing for a city break can be a bit of a daughting task if you've never been there before and don't know what to expect so we've decided to share our essentials with you to help you along your way, specifically with summer in New York in mind...



Dainty Jewellery is a must for any city break. A chic look is easily achieved with a few simple peaces, there's no need to pack your entire jewellery box! I'll be packing my Pandora bracelets along with my beautiful new star bracelet from French Connection which has Swaroski infusions (A gorgeous gift from a lovely friend for my birthday). Of course I have to take my Statue of Liberty charm (another present - I'm so spoilt), it would be rude not to! Along with these I'll be taking a few pendant necklaces that will go with everything day or night.



A Selection of Sunglasses as believe me one pair will never be enough. If you're anything like me I'm constantly misplacing or losing mine so I find it best to take a cheaper pair (Top: Topshop, £16) as well as my more expensive Ray Bans. Sunglasses for every occasion I say!


Skincare in the sun is extremely important and often overlooked. I have ridiculously sensitive skin hence the kids suncream - honestly it's the way to go when protecting your skin from the summer heat in New York! I make sure I always carry a smaller suncream with me all day to reapply regularly. Also, when I'm on holiday I try to use BB cream to give my skin a chance to breath and enjoy the healthy benefits of the sun.


Summer Prints are an absolute must in New York. This is one of the places you can get away with wearing pretty much anything you want and I love embracing their summertime culture. I'm taking a selection of Topshop, Zara and Reiss.


Hand Luggage is extremely important. My Michael Kors is perfect as it's deceivingly large with has plenty of pockets inside to hold my passport, phone and all other travel essentials. As well as this it has a over the shoulder strap which is useful for when you're rushing for a subway. Again, it goes with everything so there's no need to pack a ton of different bags.


The Highwaisted Bikini is my best friend at the moment. If you're like me then you perhaps didn't get your bikini body ready for summer in time! I've mixed and matched my set; the top is from H&M and the bottoms are from Topshop. If you're lucky enough to have a pool in your Manhattan hotel then this is a must!


Trainers are key. In New York you walk everywhere, and I mean everywhere, which is part of the beauty of the city. Having said this it does take it's toll on your feet and a comfortable and reliable pair of trainers are going to get you a long way, for me this is my much loved pair of New Balance.

Have you got any tips for New York?! We'd love to hear from you!

Alice & Grace xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig