Friday 10 May 2013

Glossy Box

This morning I woke up a Glossy Box virgin, this evening I will go to sleep a fully fledged convert to the beauty box. For £10 (plus P&P) a month you get sent 5 mini luxury beauty products tailored to you and for once I feel like I've spent my money wisely...

And how can you resist something when it comes this pretty? (I'm a sucker for nice packaging).


1. So Elixir Purple Perfume by Yves Rocher France - This was a bit too strong for my liking. I prefer lighter, floral scents such as Daisy by Marc Jacobs in comparison to heavier fragrances such as Chanel No. 5. Perfume is such a personal thing though that everyone's review would be different.

2. Lipcote Lipstick Sealer - As a lipstick lover I quite frankly don't know how I've lasted so long without it. It works so well on top of MAC lipstick (my personal preference). Although make sure you don't get it in your mouth - it doesn't taste great.

3. Etre Bell Collagen & Aloe Vera Hydro Mask - I'm a face mask fanatic so I was looking forward to trying this one. It was one of the weirdest experiences putting this mask on (it's like a really wet face wipe with holes for your eyes, nose and mouth). Leave it on for 10-15 minutes, rub in the remaining liquid and enjoy it's refreshing  feel. I'll be sure to use this again.

4. Nip + Fab Mango Smoothie Body Butter - A-mazing smell. Although a little thicker than the creams I usually use, it sank into my skin quickly and left me smelling incredible. For the best results use just after a shower.

5. Illamasqua Medium Pencil in 'Torment' - Top marks for it's multi-purpose qualities (You can use it on both lips and eyes). This lovely dark pinky/red is very complementary on the lips. Long lasting & durable. Probably not something I would usually pick for myself but that's the fantastic thing about Glossy Box, you get to try stuff you wouldn't usually.

If I've managed to convince you that you can't live without a monthly beauty fix you can order your own Glossy Box, tailored to you, here.

Kathy x

2 comments:

  1. first time hearing of Glossy Box, but will give it a try after this. Thanks! :)

    http://sillylittlepictures.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally cannot rave about it enough!! Just got a second one the other day & it's ridiculously good value for money, glad you like it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig