Tuesday 23 July 2013

Do the Hippy Hippy CHIC!

This is the 40 year celebration of the hippy movement! beginning in the USA and spreading like wild fire as far as Europe, notably the little island of Ibiza! 
the hippies have a long term connection with the island even to this day. 

The islands rock N roll history has given way to many myths about some of musics most legendary artists; bob Dylan hid in a windmill, Joni Mitchell breathed out the words to her hit record 'blue', pink floyd recorded an album. Janet Frame says of her time there in the 60s "I felt at Peace within my own mind..."

I've always felt like there was a little hippy in me; I'm unorganised, free spirited, a lover of bohemian music and all I really want is world peace (haha!) 
Known for their laissez faire attitude and AMAZING music they also had amazing style which I often emulate in my wardrobe (with a modern take). Think floaty, chiffon materials, cowboy boots galore and vintage overkill! 
Find your inner hippy, Peace out. 

Gypsy woman
Nothing says bohemian like a little gypsy influence! A modest attire in a long skirt and less than revealing top but with that oomph of sex appeal by showing off the décolletage, free flowing hair and of course BIG earrings.

Top-Bebe, skirt-Primark, earrings-H&M.

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone...
I love this dress, it's so effortless yet the detail is stunning; the finely sown lace and layers  of petticoat! Long cowboy boots give the feminine dress a bit of an edge (the kinda girl who can bake cookies but also floor you with a swift right hook!) add a real or fake flower for extra hippy! 

Dress-Lipsy, boots- Bershka, bracelet-Vintage.

Moves like Jagger
In this outfit I feel as if I've walked straight out of 'That 70s show' (Ashton Kutcher playing my on screen boyfriend, naturally). This outfit is so hippy chic! I bought the coat at a gladrags event from a vintage rail two years ago and it is my ultimate winter coat. I remember I had a great uncle who was a hippy and he wore a fabulous hat complete with a bright flower, hence my inspiration for the hat. finishing touches include high waisted jeans and long leather boots; this outfit is oh so hippy chic!

Coat-Vintage, Top-Mango, Jeans-New Look, Boots- mama's wardrobe (originally from a boutique in Prague), Hat-River Island.

I do believe in fairies! 
This outfit is so sweet, I felt like a little wood nymph! I've had this jacket for years, it was expensive but worh every penny as you can tell just from the design! Make this outfit wearable by adding some ankle boots or gladiator sandals.

Jacket-Couples boutique, Slip-Monsoon.

Make Love not...
To me this outfit just screams earth child!
 The dress has to slits on each side which originally were calve length but I did a little DIY and cut it to my thigh so when it got caught in the wind it gave the dress beautiful movement.  

Dress-Boohoo, boots-Dorothy Perkins, necklace-vintage.








1 comment:

  1. this is probably my fave post of yours so far Bex you look beautiful and the outfits are all perfect! i am definitely a secret hippy xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig